Exploring the Inner Landscapes Through Psychotherapeutic Dreamwork
WHEN: TBC (10am-5pm UK)
WHERE: ZOOM (Online)
Whether you remember or not, every night you enter a rich and immersive reality beyond your physical senses.
Unconstrained by the limitations of waking thoughts, beliefs and actions, dreams can offer us and our clients creative insights, resources and possibilities which can enrich our inner and outer worlds.
This workshop is designed to familiarise you with the purpose of dreaming (including lucid dreaming) and how they can be utilised to cultivate greater self-understanding.
We will explore various techniques that can be used to benefit both yourselves as therapists and your clients.
We will show that dreamwork in the therapeutic encounter can be both brief and solution-focused, dispelling the long-held myth that dreamwork is overly-complex or a long-term therapy.
Develop your skills and confidence with this way of working.
What You Need to Know:
Topics included in this workshop include:
- Understanding the purpose and forms of dreaming, including the latest scientific research.
- Exploring the borderlands of hypnagogic and hypnopompic perceptions and how these are utilised within hypnotherapy.
- Understanding and resolving nightmares, sleep paralysis, and some parasomnias.
- From interpretation and analysis to integration – dreams as the mirror that changes itself.
- Cultivating the core conditions within the dreamstate.
- Active re-entry into dreaming (increasing recall, finding patterns, significant symbols and emotions and understanding life context).
- Saying No to dream dictionaries – promoting the individual and dreaming in context.
- Becoming an active participant in your dreaming life through lucid dreaming.
- Life is a dream so what’s the message?
This fascinating and rich subject area will not only enhance your therapeutic work and toolbox, but open deeper layers of understanding of your client’s process
What You Can Expect:
The workshop will be presented online using Zoom and will be presented using a blended learning approach.
This is an experiential course with opportunities to practice the techniques in a safe and supported environment.
Numbers will be restricted to ten participants in order to allow appropriate interaction, the practice of the techniques and in-depth discussion and reflection.
This course is aimed at practicing therapists, trainees, students and health professionals who work online or in person with clients.
14 hours over 2 days (14 hours CPD)
There is an opportunity, after completion of a written exercise, to obtain a certificate of completion of this specialist training which counts towards your UKCP additional hours.
If you would like to book the course or register your interest please send a booking form through the website which you can access here.